Number puzzles are a super simple and extra fun way for children to practice counting and number order. These Zoo Animals Number Puzzles set focuses on the numbers 1-10. Simply download pdf file with zoo printables and you are ready to practice counting to 10 with toddler, preschool, and pre-k students.
Zoo Animal Number Puzzles
There are two puzzles in this zoo animal set. Each one has a ton of colorful cute animals that kids will love. We included animals such as elephant, lion, rhino, zebra, giraffe, koala, gorilla, hippo, panda, flamingo and more. If your kids love animals, they will LOVE these puzzles. THis is such a fun counting activity for toddlers and preschoolers to go along with a zoo theme.
Counting to 10 with Preschoolers
To prep these puzzles you don’t need to do too much. After printing them, go ahead and cut the puzzle as a whole out of the border. Then cut the strips apart. If you would like to laminate the puzzle, you can do this now. It is optional, but it will help keep the life of the puzzle longer than a simple piece of paper. Then you are ready to play.
Depending on the skill level of your child, you can play with this puzzle in a few ways. For really early learners, it may be more beneficial to introduce the numbers with this puzzle by placing the strips in order, next to each other but with space in between.
For more advanced learners, you can mix the pieces up a lot or even start with the puzzles mixed up and upside down.
Aoo Animals Activity for Kids
As children put the puzzle together they can say the number of that puzzle piece. They could also identify the animals that they see. Once the puzzle is complete, ask them to review the numbers in order again.
Not only do these puzzles help with counting, they are helping with spatial recognition, concentration and fine motor skills. PLUS they will be having so much fun putting the animals back together!
We love puzzles like this for counting but this zoo animal puzzle is our favorite yet!
Animal Activities for Preschoolers
Looking for more animal themed activities for prek kids? You will love these free printable resources and ideas:
- Printable Animals Masks
- Hibernating Animals Subtraction Within 5 Worksheets
- A to Z Mammals Book
- Animals Tracing Letters A to Z
- Endangered Animals Find the Letter Preschool Animal Worksheets
- Animal Life Cycle Printables
- Count and Cover Zoo Animals with Cheerios
- Finish the Pictures ~ Animal
- Farm Animal Homes Printable Reader
- Anatomy of Animals Activity
- Zoo Count and Clip Cards – Counting Activity for Preschoolers
- Ocean Coloring Pages
- Super Cute Animal Alphabet Worksheets
- Animal Activities with Animal Crackers
- Free Printable Nocturnal Animals Worksheets
- Animal Books for Preschoolers
Download Animal Math Activity for Preschoolers
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!