These cute mouse and lion shape tracing strips are a great way for young children to learn about fifteen different 2d shapes while working on their handwriting and tracing skills. These tracing shapes printables are perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students. Children will enjoy developing their fine motor skills, while building confidence and learning by shape tracing. Simply print pdf file with shape printables and you are ready to trace and erase!
Kids will hae fun tracing shapes with this Mouse and Lion shape activity for kids to make learning shapes fun. They are also very easy to prepare. In this low prep shapes printable, toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students will practice shape tracing rectangles, squares, triangles, circles, hearts, crescents, diamonds (rhombus), pentagon, parallelograms, and more. Whether you are a parente, teacher, or homeschooler, this shape practice is so much better than shape worksheets because you can trace and erase over and over again. This is super handy for home or a math center in your classroom.
Shape tracing worksheets
On the left-hand side of these strips, there is a little mouse with the name of the shape written above it. Children can learn to recognize the name of the shapes by reading this word aloud before tracing the shapes with a crayon, pencil or dry-erase marker, if laminated. They could also practice copying the letters of the word on a separate sheet of paper. At the end of the strips, on the right-hand side, is a lion in the shape they are learning.
Shape tracing worksheets free
The 2d shapes included in these strips are: circle, crescent, heart, hexagon, octagon, oval, rectangle, square, triangle, star, semi-circle, trapezoid, rhombus, pentagon and parallelogram. This is such a fun tracing shapes preschool activity to use for preschool math.
Practice tracing shapes
If laminated, these shape tracing pages wipe clean and repeat as often as you like. These fun shape tracing strips could be kept them together by punching a small hole in the top left-hand corner of each strip and using a binder ring or in a zip lock bag for use while away from home.
These shape tracing strips can also be used for cutting practice. After tracing the shapes, children can practice their scissor skills by cutting out each shape they traced.
Looking for more fun ways to help kids learn about shapes? You will love these free shape printables:
- Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Teaching Shapes to Preschoolers with Pirate Printable Reader
- Monster Preschool Shapes Playdough mats
- Chocolate Shape Mats
- Free Printable Shape Flashcards
- Build a Snowman – Free Printable Shape Puzzles
- Popsicle Shape Sorting Mats
- Pumpkin Shape Matching
- Penguin Shape Sorting Activity
- Trace & Erase Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Pumpkin Shape Mats
- Leaf Shapes for Kids
- Trace the Shape
- Shape Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Shapes Worksheets
- Cut and Paste Shapes Printable
- Shape Constellation Flashlight Printable
- Free Shape Puzzles Printable
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Free Printable Road Shapes
- Free Shape Bingo Game
- Shape Playdough Mats
- Free Shape Games
- Flower Shape Mats
- Ice Cream Shape Mats
- Flower Shape Math Craft
- Carrot Shape Mats
Looking for some more fun and FREE preschool printables? Your students will love practicing counting to 10 with these Fruit Lops Ten Frame Counting Cards. Or practice listening for beginning sounds in these fun-to-color Free Alphabet Coloring Pages. Next snack time practice one to one correspondence with these Fish Cracker Counting Cards.
Trace & Erase Shapes for Kids
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!