These cute mouse and lion shape tracing strips are a great way for young children to learn about fifteen different 2d shapes while working on their handwriting and tracing skills. Children will enjoy developing their fine motor skills, while building confidence and learning their 2d shapes.
FREE Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Trace & Erase Shape Mats
- Monster Shape Playdough mats
- Tracing Road Shapes with Hotwheels (free printable activity)
- Shape Flashcard Scavenger Hunt
- Super Cute Preschool Shape Mats (with real pictures)
- Color the Shapes Emergent Reader
- Shape Tracing and Cutting Pages
- Do a Dot Shape Worksheets
- Shape Printable Pack
- Free Shapes Bingo
Shape Tracing Strips
These Mouse and Lion Shape Tracing Strips make learning shapes fun. They are also very easy to prepare. Just download the free printable, print and cut out each tracing strip – there are three strips per page. I recommend laminating these strips for durability. It does add more time to preparation though, but it is optional.
On the left-hand side of these strips, there is a little mouse with the name of the shape written above it. Children can learn to recognize the name of the shapes by reading this word aloud before tracing the shapes with a crayon, pencil or dry-erase marker, if laminated. They could also practice copying the letters of the word on a separate sheet of paper. At the end of the strips, on the right-hand side, is a lion in the shape they are learning.
The 2d shapes included in these strips are: circle, crescent, heart, hexagon, octagon, oval, rectangle, square, triangle, star, semi-circle, trapezoid, rhombus, pentagon and parallelogram.
If laminated, wipe clean and repeat as often as you like. These fun shape tracing strips could be kept them together by punching a small hole in the top left-hand corner of each strip and using a binder ring or in a zip lock bag for use while away from home.
These shape tracing strips can also be used for cutting practice. After tracing the shapes, children can practice their scissor skills by cutting out each shape they traced.
More FREE Preschool Printables
Looking for some more fun and FREE preschool printables? Your students will love practicing counting to 10 with these Fruit Lops Ten Frame Counting Cards. Or practice listening for beginning sounds in these fun-to-color Free Alphabet Coloring Pages. Next snack time practice one to one correspondence with these Fish Cracker Counting Cards.
Download Trace & Erase Shapes for Kids
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!