Sneak in lots of learning with this cute picnic theme preschool perfect for spring! We have found so many picnic activities for preschoolers to not only have fun, but sneak in some math, literacy, and science too! In this preschool picnic theme are a weeks worth of clever ideas for pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders to celebrate spring or summer with picnic activities! From picnic worksheets for preschool to picnic preschool activities, and picnic crafts for preschoolers to picnic math.
Picnic Theme Preschool
On a beautiful spring and summer day nothing says fun like a picnic! Bring that fun to your next lesson with this picnic theme Then check out this fabulous picnic preschool theme which goes beyond include baskets and tablecloths to include other fun things you might see on your summer picnic! Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this cute picnic theme for preschool! Which activity will you try first in this picnic theme for preschoolers, kindergartners, toddlers, and grade 1 students.
Picnic crafts for preschoolers
- Make a watermelon suncatcher
- Create a squish-painted sun
- Enjoy a paper bowl sun craft with your preschoolers
- Try a silly grass craft
- Make paper picnic baskets from Artsy Craftsy mama
Picnic Math Activities
- Entertain your kids while waiting for hot dogs to cook with this free Tic-Tac-Toe Addition game
- Check out these fun summer printables skip counting puzzles
- Practice counting to 30 with this bug counting activity
- Don’t forget to count to 10 with a bug printable coloring book
- Catch 20 bugs with this fun counting game
- Learn how to measure with this preschool measuring activity featuring BUGS
- Study place value activity with an ice cream sundae
Picnic Literacy Activities:
- Practice reading with a free Birds on a Branch ABC game
- Learn to read with a bug worksheets, cut and paste sight reader
- Check out this flip flop summer alphabet matching activity
- Enjoy a literacy picnic with this snack idea & printable from Primary Playground
- Read more books about picnics together from What we Do all Day
Picnic activities for preschoolers
Looking for really fun and engaging picnic preschool activities? Check these out!
- Combine science and art with sun Shadow art
- Create an EPIC Lego zipline
- Here’s a unique recipe for edible ice cream play dough
- Your preschoolers will love this exploding watermelon science activity
- Check out these amazing picnic party ideas from Teach Me Mommy
- Challenge your kids by building a stick maze from Mother Natured
Picnic Worksheets for Preschool
- Teddy Bear Printables Picnic Printable Pack
- All About Worms Printable Pack
- Learn about the sunflower seeds you eat with Sunflower Life Cycle Worksheets
- Free Flower Worksheets
- Nature Scavenger Hunt for Kids + printable from The ARt Kit Blog
- Take a look at nature’s colors with this free nature color wheel printable from Mother Natured
Picnic Books for Preschoolers
Pick one or all of these 5 excellent books to read with your preschoolers:
Use one of these two options for using books in your Picnic theme:
- Read a different book each day of the week, Monday through Friday.
- Or read your favorite book each of the week. Don’t worry about boring your kids as they love repetition so don’t worry about boring them!
Preschool Theme Ideas
Looking for more preschool themes? You will love our ever growing themes complete with themed crafts, activities, math, literacy, and more ideas!
- Back to School Theme Preschool perfect for the first week of school
- Animal Theme for Preschoolers filled with fun Preschool Animal Activities
- Robot Preschool Theme with lots of Robot Activities for Preschoolers
- Colorful Rainbow Theme Preschool
- Get ready for a hoppin good time with this Frog Theme Preschool
- Easter Preschool Theme perfect for celebrating Easter in the spring
- Fun Pumpkin Theme Preschool for October
- Spring is here and it’s time to celebrate with a fun Picnic Theme Preschool
- Lots of fun Earth Day Activities for Preschoolers with this Earth Day Theme!
- Summer watermelon theme filled with watermelon activities for preschoolers
- Spring Theme perfect for pre-k and kindergarten age students
- Dinosaur Preschool Theme filled with HUGE fun for little learners
- Bug Theme filled with fun insect activities for preschoolers
- See all of our preschool themes!
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages helps build vocabulary and work on beginning sounds and phonemic awareness
- Printable Alphabet Letter for Crafts – we have a printable letter craft for every letter of the alphabet A to Z
- Letter Recognition Worksheets – find and dab the upper and lowercase letters in these super cute ABC printables!
- Simple free alphabet worksheets to color and trace letters
- How cute are these letter find pumpkin worksheets for preschool
- Practice uppercase letter tracing with these super cute animal alphabet cards A-Z
- See all of our FREE ABC Printables here!
- Work on preschool colors with these free color worksheets
- Preschool Math is fun with one of our hands-on activities and free printables!
- Learn your shapes with these fun Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Make one of our adorable printable hat crafts like this popular turkey hat printable
- Apple Worksheets Preschool help kids practice a variety of math and literacy skills with this September theme
- Practice a variety of skills with these super cute, FREE Construction Worksheets
- Work on shape recognition with these Road Shapes mats
- These Free Printable Animal Masks Templates are so much fun! Which animal will you choose?
- Learn by topic with one of our fun, free preschool themes!
- See all of our preschool worksheets here including math, alphabet, printable crafts, playdough mats, and more!
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Pirate Color by Number Preschool is a fun way to work on letter recognition while strengthening hand muscles
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Tons of Bingo Dauber Printables to use with bingo marker, do a dot markers, or circle stickers
- Shaped Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Free Playdough Mats to work on shapes, numbers, colors, alphabet letters, and more!
- Learn about other countries around the world with our free country coloring pages
- Super cute Transportation Playdough Mats are great for building hand muscles while having fun! Plus don’t miss all our free printable playdough mats for preschoolers
- Plus check out our huge list of recommended Books for Preschoolers by topic