It may be cold and dreary outside during December, January, and February, but inside you can celebrate the winter with this super cute, free printable Snow Counting Mats. This winter math activities for preschoolers, pre-k, and kindergarten age children to practice counting to 10 with snowflake number cards. Simply print winter printables pdf file with this snow counting printable perfect for practicing those counting out skills!
If you have a young child, use this super cute winter printables to practice counting with toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners. Kids will have fun working on counting to 10 and working on number recognition with this hands-on educational activity for your winter theme.
Simply print the pages, laminate if you wish(or use a dry-erase pocket to protect it). Cut the number cards. There are numbers up to ten and a few blank ones for you to fill in if your child can count beyond 10. Provide snowflake buttons/beads or mini erasers. You can also use white mini pompoms to represent the snowflakes.
The child simply chooses a number card, recognizes the number and then count out that number of snowflakes to place “in” the globe.
Apart from number recognition and counting out skills, this activity provides opportunity to develop a range of mathematical skills like visualizing how much more 1 is versus 6, counting on rather than starting from the beginning or take away instead of starting from scratch etc. For instance, if the number card shows 6 and you already have 4 snowflakes in the globe, instead of taking all 4 away and start counting out to six, just add 2! This skills develops with time, so play this game over and over again.
Winter Math Activities for Preschoolers
Turn this Winter counting activity into a game by dividing one pack of number cards between two players. They then have to pack out the snowflakes shown by their cards and see which snowglobe fills up first, thus, the first with 10 snowflakes wins! The luck of the draw comes into play if you received the higher numbers! Another mathematical skill they might just pick on on while playing.
Such a fun printable counting activity that your young children will love this Winter! Great for the Maths center, morning tub work or even as a busy bag!
Winter Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun winter crafts and winter activities for kids of all ages? Don’t miss these winter activity ideas!
- Kids will love making this super cute circle snowman craft!
- This easy-to-make Puffy Snow Paint is amazing! It has the best texture, dries promptly and completely, and makes the cutest little snowman crafts.
- Tons of fun snowflake crafts for kids of all ages
- Now you have a reason to get excited when it snows! Your whole family will enjoy this super-easy-to-make Snow Ice Cream recipe. YUMMY!
- Find lots more engaging winter themed ideas in these January Activities for Kids
- Silly melting snowman slime
- Come take a peak at how these glue snowman suncatcher craft turns out! Such a fun, simple idea with stunning results!
- Try this epic winter science experiment making a snow volcano
- Maple Syrup on Snow Candy
- Make this beautiful keepsake snowman handprint ornament
- Snowstorm in a jar winter science for preschoolers
- You’ve got to try this easy, DIY Snow globe craft for kids
- Magic Melting Snowballs – Winter Science Experiment
- DIY Icicle Ornaments for kids
- Paint Swatch Tree Winter Craft for Preschoolers
Looking for more fun winter science projects for kids? We’ve got lots of fun ideas for you to try!
- Melting Snowman Winter Science Experiment
- Snowman Eruptions – Simple Winter Science Experiments
- Melting Snowman Slime Recipe
- Easy Exploding Snowman – Winter Science Experiment
- Snowman Measuring Snowfall – Winter STEM Activity
- Erupting Snow Winter Science Experiment
- How to Make Frost in a Can Winter Science Experiment
- Winter Snow Slime Recipe Activity for Kids
Preschool Winter Crafts
- Suncatcher Snowman Craft for Preschoolers
- Winter Snow Slime Recipe Activity for Kids
- FUN Snowman Launcher – Winter Activities for Preschoolers
- Construction Paper Snowman Wreath Craft for Kids this Winter
- Bauble Christmas Ornament Craft with FREE Printables
- Snowman Handmade Greeting Cards Winter Craft for Kids
- Colorful Chromatography Snowflake Craft for Kids
Looking for snowman worksheets and educational snowman activity ideas? You will love these resources! Plus don’t miss these winter books for preschoolers.
- Free Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Build-a-Snowman Winter CVC Words Activity
- Snowman Addition Clip Cards
- Snowman Counting Cards
- Free Snowman Worksheet Pack with LOTS of pages
- Snowflake Counting Worksheet and activities
- Sneak in some fun winter learning with these super cute, Free snow globe letter find snow worksheets
- Winter Counting Worksheets
- Free Winter Writing Prompts PDF
- Mitten letter matching printable
- Multiplication Snowman Activity
- Snowman Printables Winter letter Find
- Snowman Tracing Letters A to Z
- Snowflake Winter Compound Words
- Build a Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
- Snowman Printables Counting Book
- Free printable shape puzzles for winter
- Alphabet igloo printable puzzles for pre-k and kindergartners
- Polar Bear Winter Literacy activities for preschoolers
- Count to 10 Preschool Snowman Craft
- Snowman Word Family Spinners
- Snowman Math Craft for practicing addition and subtraction
- Winter Telling Time Worksheets
- Snowflake Dab the Letter
- Cute Shape Puzzles – Snowman Activities for Preschoolers
- Free Snowman Coloring Pages
- Hands-on Snowman button counting
- Build a Snowman with these Beginning Sounds Winter Activities for Preschoolers
- Snowman winter math activities for preschoolers
Winter Activities for Preschoolers
- Cute winter playdough mats for kids
- Snowball counting activity for preschool winter themes
- Free snap cube pattern cards for winter
- Alphabet Winter Worksheets for Preschool
- Snowglobe Counting – winter math activities for preschoolers
- Snow Theme Preschool
Snowglobe Counting Activity
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!