Kids will have so much fun choosing candy alphabet cards and tracing their letters with these free printable preschool worksheets tracing letters. Use these letter tracing worksheets with preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten as a fun letter recognition activity for preschoolers. Simply print preschool alphabet worksheets pdf and you are ready to play and learn your ABCs.
Free printable preschool worksheets tracing letters
Work on identifying lowercase letters as the students choose a card, say the letter name and find its match on their recording sheet. The kids will be working on identifying their letters and forming their letters in one activity! This works great for kids who are struggling with identifying their letters like ELL / ESL kids. Add some candy for kids who finish their tracing page correctly! The candy themed cards will spike the child’s interest as they pick a card and say the letter name.
The kids to rainbow trace their letters, use crayons, markers or coloring pencils. To make this a versatile and re-usable activity, you can also choose to laminate the recording sheet and have the kids use dry erase markers on the sheet as they work on their letter identification and formation skills.
Preschool alphabet worksheets pdf
Letter tracing worksheets
- Print on Card stock or A4 paper then Laminate. (optional: do not need to laminate the recording sheet)
- Cut the cards out.
- Store them in a plastic sleeve or file folder.
- Prepare the cards for a group of students (you can print and laminate more for more groups).
- Note: you can laminate the recording sheet if you wish to be re-using it.
Letter recognition activity for preschoolers
- Stack the Candy Alphabet Cards in the middle of the table.
- Hand out a recording sheet to each student in the group.
- Explain that they are to choose one card at a time.
- They say the letter on the card and then find it on their recording sheet.
- They then rainbow trace (or use markers, scented markers, colored pencils, highlighters and more) the letters on their recording sheet.
- They repeat this process until they’ve colored or traced all the letters on their sheet!
Alphabet Printables for Preschoolers
- Handy, Free Alphabet Chart
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages helps build vocabulary and work on beginning sounds and phonemic awareness
- Alphabet Dot Marker Printables
- Find the Letter Dinosaur Alphabet Printables
- Fruit Loop or Skittle Alphabet Mat
- Alphabet Construction Activities for Preschoolers
- Bug Find the Letter Worksheets pdf
- Tracing Alphabet Popsicles Summer Activity for Preschoolers
- Watermelon Seed Alphabet Mats Summer Activity for Preschoolers
- Apple is for Apple Printable teaching beginning sounds from A to Z
- Flower Begining Sound Activity
- Traceable Alphabet Preschool Apple Activity
- Letter Crafts – we have a free printable letter craft for every letter of the alphabet A to Z
- Letter Recognition Worksheets – find and dab the upper and lowercase letters in these super cute ABC printables!
- Endangered Animals Find the Letter Worksheets
- Simple preschool alphabet worksheets to color and trace letters
- How cute are these letter find pumpkin worksheets for preschool
- Practice uppercase letter tracing with these super cute animal alphabet cards A-Z
- Animal Alphabet Worksheets – dab the letter and trace the uppercase and lower case letters
- Printable Letter Mazes
- See all of our FREE ABC Printables here!
Plus don’t miss our MANY preschool worksheets, fun alphabet printables, hands-on preschool math, clever ideas to learn colors, complete preschool themes, lots of playdoh mats, cute preschool crafts, and fantastic preschool books on our Preschool Play and Learn website.
Letter tracing worksheets pdf
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.