Let’s learn about classic fairy tales with this fairy tale theme preschool! You and your kids will adore these fun, fascinating, and educational fairy tale activities for preschoolers to go along with Little Red Riding Hood, the Three Little Pigs, Cinderella, the Ugly Duckling, Three Billy Goats Gruff, and more! Use these fairy tale theme ideas with toddler, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students to make learning FUN!
Fairy tale theme preschool
Do you have a favorite fairy tale? Perhaps it is Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, The Little Mermaid, Hansel and Gretel, or The Three Billy Goats Gruff. There are so many classic stories we all just know because we read them and learned them when we were toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and first grade children.
But why do we tell kids fairy tales? Fairy Tales are great tools for teaching kids about story development, conflict resolution, the development of characters, heroes and villains. They also help them to learn morals and the difference between good and evil. Finally, it allows them to broaden their imagination and knowledge of the world around them.
Children this age just love acting things out, learning new stories, and doing pretend play. So whether you tell the story, use puppets, watch a video, read a book, watch a play, or some other creative storytelling method -I encourage you to fill your preschoolers days with lots of fairy tales to expand their imagination! And this Fairy Tale Preschool Theme is filled with creative ideas and free resources to help you make a weekly theme (or monthly theme) of fairy tale stories!
Fairy Tales for Kids
As you dive into your fun preschool fairy tales theme, pick out a couple of your favorite books (or some of ours) to read along the way. You can read a different book each day of the week, Monday through Friday. Or read your favorite book each of the week. Don’t worry about boring your kids as they love repetition so don’t worry about boring them!
Fairy Tale Crafts
- Make a cardboard castle from The Crafty Train
- Craft a beautiful toilet paper roll ice castle source
- Try a toilet paper roll Little Red Riding Hood craft source
- Make the Three Little Pigs out of toilet paper rolls source
- Your kids will love this Goldilocks and the Three Bears craft from Red Ted Art
- Make Cinderella’s carriage from a paper plate source
- Create a make-believe map from Artsy Momma
- Billy Goats Gruff Craft & Activity
Fairy Tale Math Activities
- Try these Little Red Riding Hood printable mystery number cards from TEaching with Childrens BOoks
- Count by 10s with a giant’s gold coins source
- Enjoy a Jack and the Beanstalk measuring activity source
- Practice counting gold eggs from Rainy Day Mum
- Count and climb the beanstalk with Jack from Teach Beside Me
- Practice math by rolling a fairy tale castle from 3 dinosurs
Fairy Tale Literacy activities
- Play this fairy tale mad-lib like activity for preschoolers from Pink Stripey Socks
- Practice story sequencing with a Cinderella crown source
- Learn the alphabet with Little Red Riding Hood printable alphabet cards from Teaching with Childrens books
- Make a Three Little Pigs Story-telling bracelet from School Time Snippets
- Print these Disney alphabet coloring pages from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
Fairy tale activities for preschoolers
- Easy Fairy Tale quilling with kids from Pink Stripy Socks
- The Three Billy Goats Gruff activities from Growing Book by Book
- The Ugly Duckling character activities for preschoolers from The Preschool Toolbox Blog
- Bring Little Red Riding Hood to life with a sensory activity tray from Teaching with Childrens books
- Build the 3 Little Pigs’ Houses source
- Make stone soup from Rainy Day Mum
- Enjoy a fairy tale puppet show source
- Try a STEM activity from Goldilocks and the Three Bears from Teach Beside Me
Fairy Tale Printables
- Color-by-code with these Little Red Riding Hood printables from Teaching with Children Books
- And more Little Red Riding Hood Worksheets source
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears free printables from A Little Pinch of Perfect
- Three Little Pigs Activities + Free Printables source
- Goldilocks & the Three Bears Pack from 3 Dinosaurs
Fiary Tale Activities for Kids
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears Coloring Pages
- Rapunzel Themed Worksheets
- Gingerbread Man Theme Worksheets
- Little Red Riding Hood Worksheets
- Gingerbread Man Coloring Pages
- Alice in Wonderland Worksheets
- Nursery Rhymes Worksheets
- Little Ren Puppet Printables
We love these unique retellings of some classic stories. I hope your children do too!
Preschool Theme Ideas
Looking for more preschool themes? You will love our ever growing themes complete with themed crafts, activities, math, literacy, and more ideas!
- Back to School Theme Preschool perfect for the first week of school
- Animal Theme for Preschoolers filled with fun Preschool Animal Activities
- Robot Preschool Theme with lots of Robot Activities for Preschoolers
- Colorful Rainbow Theme Preschool
- Get ready for a hoppin good time with this Frog Theme Preschool
- Easter Preschool Theme perfect for celebrating Easter in the spring
- Fun Pumpkin Theme Preschool for October
- Spring is here and it’s time to celebrate with a fun Picnic Theme Preschool
- Lots of fun Earth Day Activities for Preschoolers with this Earth Day Theme!
- Summer watermelon theme filled with watermelon activities for preschoolers
- Spring Theme perfect for pre-k and kindergarten age students
- Dinosaur Preschool Theme filled with HUGE fun for little learners
- Bug Theme filled with fun insect activities for preschoolers
- See all of our preschool themes!
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages helps build vocabulary and work on beginning sounds and phonemic awareness
- Printable Alphabet Letter for Crafts – we have a printable letter craft for every letter of the alphabet A to Z
- Letter Recognition Worksheets – find and dab the upper and lowercase letters in these super cute ABC printables!
- Simple free alphabet worksheets to color and trace letters
- How cute are these letter find pumpkin worksheets for preschool
- Practice uppercase letter tracing with these super cute animal alphabet cards A-Z
- See all of our FREE ABC Printables here!
- Work on preschool colors with these free color worksheets
- Preschool Math is fun with one of our hands-on activities and free printables!
- Learn your shapes with these fun Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Make one of our adorable printable hat crafts like this popular turkey hat printable
- Apple Worksheets Preschool help kids practice a variety of math and literacy skills with this September theme
- Practice a variety of skills with these super cute, FREE Construction Worksheets
- Work on shape recognition with these Road Shapes mats
- These Free Printable Animal Masks Templates are so much fun! Which animal will you choose?
- Learn by topic with one of our fun, free preschool themes!
- See all of our preschool worksheets here including math, alphabet, printable crafts, playdough mats, and more!
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Pirate Color by Number Preschool is a fun way to work on letter recognition while strengthening hand muscles
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Tons of Bingo Dauber Printables to use with bingo marker, do a dot markers, or circle stickers
- Shaped Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Free Playdough Mats to work on shapes, numbers, colors, alphabet letters, and more!
- Learn about other countries around the world with our free country coloring pages
- Super cute Transportation Playdough Mats are great for building hand muscles while having fun! Plus don’t miss all our free printable playdough mats for preschoolers
- Plus check out our huge list of recommended Books for Preschoolers by topic