This Snowman Button Count is a super fun and easy to prep activity for toddlers and preschoolers. It combines counting, visually seeing number quantities and fine motor skills!
Why make learning to count a difficult and boring subject when you can actually have a ton of fun! This Snowman Button Counting activity is designed for toddlers through up until preschool age (depending on how many snowmen you’ll be using; the more snowmen the more counting involved!). This activity is fairly easy to set up, only requiring a short list of materials along with some basic drawing skills.
Once you have it all set up and buttons ready, the child has to count and place the correct number of buttons for each snowman, matching it with the number written next to it. This activity is great not only for learning numbers and number quantities but for exercising fine motor skills and cognitive skills.
More counting activities you’ll enjoy:
- Counting Farm Animals
- Pom-pom Caterpillar Counting
- Strawberry Preschool Counting Activity
- Ice Cream Sprinkles Count
- Pizza Topping Counting Activity
- Dino Ten Frame
- Construction Counting to 20
For this activity you’ll need:
- White cardstock
- Colored permanent markers
- Assorted buttons (small)
Using the colored permanent markers, draw 5 simple drawings of snowmen (don’t draw the buttons). Number each snowman 1-5.
TIP- you can use a large easel board paper and draw more than 5 snowmen to make this activity a bit more difficult!
Prepare the buttons next to the paper with snowmen (you can use a bowl to keep the buttons from going everywhere).
Your Snowman Button Count activity is ready! The child must place the right amount of buttons as the number suggests next to each snowman.
Have fun counting and remember to always keep an eye on a child while working with small objects!
Snowman Activity for Preschoolers
Looking for even more fun snowman activities for preschoolers? You will love these ideas:
- The Free Snowman Counting Book is fun to color, read, and practice counting too
- Practicing making upper and lowercase letters with these adorable, free Alphabet Snowman
- Working on sounding out words? This Free Snowman Word Family Spinner is super cute!
- Kids will love this silly Melting Snowman Slime
- One of our favorite winter crafts is making snowman with this amazing Snow Puffy Paint
- S is for Snowman unit for Prek / K
- You will love making this super clever Glue Snowman Craft
- Or try this EASY Circle Sticker Snowman Craft for kids
- Our family loves this Snowman Keepsake Ornament Craft
Download Prek Snowman Button Counting
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!