This Snowman Button Counting activity is a fun way for toddler, preschool, and pre-k children to practice counting with a fun winter math activity. Print the pdf file with the snowman printable, grab some buttons, and you are ready for a hands-on math students love doing! This snowman printables combines counting, visually seeing number quantities and fine motor skills!
Snowman Button Counting
Why make learning to count a difficult and boring subject when you can actually have a ton of fun! This Snowman Counting Activity is designed for toddlers and preschoolers (depending on how many snowmen you’ll be using; the more snowmen the more counting involved!). This snowman math activity for preschoolers is easy to set up, only requiring a short list of materials along with some basic drawing skills.
For this activity you’ll need:
- White cardstock
- Colored permanent markers
- Assorted buttons (small)
Once you have it all set up and buttons ready, the child has to count and place the correct number of buttons for each snowman, matching it with the number written next to it. This activity is great not only for learning numbers and number quantities but for exercising fine motor skills and cognitive skills.
Using the colored permanent markers, draw 5 simple drawings of snowmen (don’t draw the buttons). Number each snowman 1-5.
TIP- you can use a large easel board paper and draw more than 5 snowmen to make this activity a bit more difficult!
Prepare the buttons next to the paper with snowmen (you can use a bowl to keep the buttons from going everywhere).
Snowman counting activity
Your Snowman Button Count activity is ready! The child must place the right amount of buttons as the number suggests next to each snowman.
Snowman Activity for Preschoolers
Have fun counting and remember to always keep an eye on a child while working with small objects!
Winter Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun winter crafts and winter activities for kids of all ages? Don’t miss these winter activity ideas!
- Kids will love making this super cute circle snowman craft!
- This easy-to-make Puffy Snow Paint is amazing! It has the best texture, dries promptly and completely, and makes the cutest little snowman crafts.
- Tons of fun snowflake crafts for kids of all ages
- Now you have a reason to get excited when it snows! Your whole family will enjoy this super-easy-to-make Snow Ice Cream recipe. YUMMY!
- Find lots more engaging winter themed ideas in these January Activities for Kids
- Silly melting snowman slime
- Come take a peak at how these glue snowman suncatcher craft turns out! Such a fun, simple idea with stunning results!
- Try this epic winter science experiment making a snow volcano
- Maple Syrup on Snow Candy
- Make this beautiful keepsake snowman handprint ornament
- Snowstorm in a jar winter science for preschoolers
- You’ve got to try this easy, DIY Snow globe craft for kids
- Magic Melting Snowballs – Winter Science Experiment
- DIY Icicle Ornaments for kids
- Paint Swatch Tree Winter Craft for Preschoolers
Looking for more fun winter science projects for kids? We’ve got lots of fun ideas for you to try!
- Melting Snowman Winter Science Experiment
- Snowman Eruptions – Simple Winter Science Experiments
- Melting Snowman Slime Recipe
- Easy Exploding Snowman – Winter Science Experiment
- Snowman Measuring Snowfall – Winter STEM Activity
- Erupting Snow Winter Science Experiment
- How to Make Frost in a Can Winter Science Experiment
- Winter Snow Slime Recipe Activity for Kids
Preschool Winter Crafts
- Suncatcher Snowman Craft for Preschoolers
- Winter Snow Slime Recipe Activity for Kids
- FUN Snowman Launcher – Winter Activities for Preschoolers
- Construction Paper Snowman Wreath Craft for Kids this Winter
- Bauble Christmas Ornament Craft with FREE Printables
- Snowman Handmade Greeting Cards Winter Craft for Kids
- Colorful Chromatography Snowflake Craft for Kids
Looking for snowman worksheets and educational snowman activity ideas? You will love these resources! Plus don’t miss these winter books for preschoolers.
- Free Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Build-a-Snowman Winter CVC Words Activity
- Snowman Addition Clip Cards
- Snowman Counting Cards
- Free Snowman Worksheet Pack with LOTS of pages
- Snowflake Counting Worksheet and activities
- Sneak in some fun winter learning with these super cute, Free snow globe letter find snow worksheets
- Winter Counting Worksheets
- Free Winter Writing Prompts PDF
- Mitten letter matching printable
- Multiplication Snowman Activity
- Snowman Printables Winter letter Find
- Snowman Tracing Letters A to Z
- Snowflake Winter Compound Words
- Build a Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
- Snowman Printables Counting Book
- Free printable shape puzzles for winter
- Alphabet igloo printable puzzles for pre-k and kindergartners
- Polar Bear Winter Literacy activities for preschoolers
- Count to 10 Preschool Snowman Craft
- Snowman Word Family Spinners
- Snowman Math Craft for practicing addition and subtraction
- Winter Telling Time Worksheets
- Snowflake Dab the Letter
- Cute Shape Puzzles – Snowman Activities for Preschoolers
- Free Snowman Coloring Pages
- Hands-on Snowman button counting
- Build a Snowman with these Beginning Sounds Winter Activities for Preschoolers
- Snowman winter math activities for preschoolers
Winter Activities for Preschoolers
- Cute winter playdough mats for kids
- Snowball counting activity for preschool winter themes
- Free snap cube pattern cards for winter
- Alphabet Winter Worksheets for Preschool
- Snowglobe Counting – winter math activities for preschoolers
- Snow Theme Preschool
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!