These super cute, FREE Winter Snapcube Printables are a great early math activity for preschoolers and kindergarteners as pattern block templates with snapcubes.
Winter Math Activities for Preschoolers
The best way to keep kids learning is to make it fun! Snapcubes are a great manipulative for not only counting, but patterns and logic skills too. It is a handy resource we keep in a large ziplock bag for a variety of math activities for preschoolers including these snapcube printables.
Looking for other winter math activities to make math fun for prek? Try these fun and FREE activities;
- Snowman Addition Within 10 Clip Cards
- Printable Snowman Counting Cards
- Count to 10 Snowman Puzzles
- Snowman Counting Book
- Telling Time with Snowman Activity
- Super Cute Snowman Math Craft
- Build a Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
Now simply cut out the pritnable snapcube activity cards along the solid lines.
There are two different sets included in this download:
- Colorful Pattern Cards – these snapcube templates show each block individually and what color each block should be; this set is the easiest for students
- Black and White Pattern Cards – these cards show an outline of what the pattern should look like, but students will need to use logic and spacial awareness to figure out how many cubest should be in eash spot and what colors to use. (we like to fold ours in half so that hints of how many cubes you need in what colors is available for kids that need a hint, but not visible for kids ready for a challenge). This is the more challenging set.
Pattern Block Templates
Students will now use a variety of skills including: color recognition, counting, logic, problem solving, and spacial awareness to recreate the winter pattern on the card.
This is also great for strengthening hand muscles and improving coordination too!
Included in this set of winter themed cards: winter tree, polar bear, mitten, snowman, winter hat, ice skate, hot cocoa cup, and a sled. Again you can choose to use the colorful easier set or the more challenging pattern outline set depending on the age of students you teach and your students abilities.
This winter activity works great for teachers as a math center for January Preschool Themes, tutors improving reasoning skills with kindergartners, or parents and homeschoolers making learning fun at home! Not matter how you use it, it will keep students happily learning and engaged.
Winter Activity for Preschoolers
Looking for more fun, educational activiites and FREE winter printables to make learning fun in January? Try some of our favorite winter activities for preschoolers:
- Alphabet Snowman Coloring Pages
- Winter Worksheets for Preschool
- Snowman Counting Book
- Snowman Printable Shape Puzzles
- Winter Color by Number Worksheets
- Snowman Letter Practice Tracing
- Winter Mitten Alphabet Matching
- Snow Volcano Science Experiment
- Snowman Worksheets
- Beginning Sounds Snowmen
- Puffy SNow Paint Recipe
- Winter Alphabet Tracing Cards
- Printable Winter Playdough Mats
Download Winter Pattern Cards for Prek
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!