Download pdf file with these super cute winter printables to help preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age students have fun with an early math activity. Children will use snap cubes to create snowflakes, snowman, mitten, polar bear, tree, sled, ice skates, hot cocoa mug, and more with our snap cube free printables. This is such a fun winter activity for preschoolers.
Help kids work on following directions and problem solving with this fun math activity for preschoolers to try this winter during the cold December, January, and February months. Simply print winter printables and grab some snapcubes and get ready to have fun strengthening hand muscles while building with our pattern block printables.
Free snap cube pattern cards
Snap cube free printables
Free Winter Printables
Now simply cut out the printable snapcube activity cards along the solid lines.
There are two different sets included in this download:
- Colorful Pattern Cards – these snapcube templates show each block individually and what color each block should be; this set is the easiest for students
- Black and White Pattern Cards – these cards show an outline of what the pattern should look like, but students will need to use logic and spatial awareness to figure out how many cubes should be in each spot and what colors to use. (we like to fold ours in half so that hints of how many cubes you need in what colors is available for kids that need a hint, but not visible for kids ready for a challenge). This is the more challenging set.
Winter Activity for Preschoolers
Students will now use a variety of skills including: color recognition, counting, logic, problem solving, and spatial awareness to recreate the winter pattern on the card.
This is also great for strengthening hand muscles and improving coordination too!
Included in this set of winter themed cards: winter tree, polar bear, mitten, snowman, winter hat, ice skate, hot cocoa cup, and a sled. Again you can choose to use the colorful easier set or the more challenging pattern outline set depending on the age of students you teach and your students abilities.
This winter activity works great for teachers as a math center for January Preschool Themes, tutors improving reasoning skills with kindergartners, or parents and homeschoolers making learning fun at home! Not matter how you use it, it will keep students happily learning and engaged.
Winter Activity for Preschoolers
Looking for more fun, educational activiites and FREE winter printables to make learning fun in January? Try some of our favorite winter activities for preschoolers:
- Alphabet Snowman Coloring Pages
- Winter Worksheets for Preschool
- Snowman Counting Book
- Snowman Printable Shape Puzzles
- Winter Color by Number Worksheets
- Snowman Letter Practice Tracing
- Winter Mitten Alphabet Matching
- Snow Volcano Science Experiment
- Snowman Worksheets
- Beginning Sounds Snowmen
- Puffy SNow Paint Recipe
- Winter Alphabet Tracing Cards
- Printable Winter Playdough Mats
Download Winter Pattern Cards for Prek
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!