This FREE printable winter Mitten Alphabet Matching is a super cute,winter themed, phonics activity for prek and kindergarten age kids.
This super cute winter hat and mitten set is a fun winter printable for preschoolers that helps kids practice matching both uppercase and lowercase letters as well as an image with the same beginning sound. This is great for practicing what sounds letters make and how sounds join to form words.
Winter Printables for Preschoolers
This alphabet matching activity is simply to play. Simply cut out the mittens and hats. We like to store our alphabet activity in a large ziplock bag for ease of storage and use.
Matching Upper and Lowercase Letters
The first level of difficulty is to simply match the upper and lowercase letters. To do so, match the mittens to form a pair. students will know they have matched the winter mittens correctly because they should be the same color and contain both a right and left mitten.
Prek and Kinder age students will be able to match all alphabet letters from A to Z.
The next step is to give preschoolers and kindergartners both mittens and winter hats to match togerther to make a set. I highly suggest starting with just a few alphabet letters to complete at a time.
Once your student has gotten comfortable matching uppercase and lowercase letters as well as matching letters to the word that has the same beginning sound, it is time to work on matching all alphabet letters at a time – letters A to Z.
Winter Activities for Preschool
Looking for even more fun, educational, winter activities for preschoolers? You will love these ideas:
- Snow Volcano Science Project – get out and enjoy the snow with this clever winter science experiment that is simple to replicate, but incredibly memorable and colorful too!
- Easy Icicle Craft – this easy winter craft is great for working on fine motor skills while making a beautiful craft preschoolers will be proud of.
- 36 Wonderful January Crafts for Kids – crafts not only provide a chance to improve fine motor skills anc explore creativity, but are a great way for kids to gain independence too
- Snowman Puffy Paint Recipe – this easy to make puffy paint recipe is sure to be a hit as kids create their own Frosty the Snowman
- 31 Fun January Activities for Kids – so many clever ideas to keep kids active, engaged, and having fun all month long!
- Looking for a no prep educational activity for kids during January. You can’t go wrong with these Free Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers.
- Snow Dough – this amazing, 2 ingredient play recipe is cold like snow and even holds it shape like real snow
- Glue Snowman Craft – this is such a COOL craft! You will use glue as your base to make these beautiful snowmen that will make beautiful window decorations all winter long
Don’t miss these free alphabet printables for making learning your ABCs fun and engaging! We also have lots of free preschool math, preschool crafts, books for preschoolers, and playdough mats. Plus we have lots of clever ideas in our preschool themes with a full weeks worth of educational activities.
Download Winter Phonics Activity
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!