Looking for a fun way to get kids to count and show their numbers? These fun snowman math activity is perfect some winter counting fun! Learners will roll the die then cover the matching snowman head of both numerals 1-6 and tally marks. This is such a fun snowman activity for preschool, prek-k and kindergarten age students. Simply print the snowman printable and you are ready to play and learn.
I love using themed activities to keep kids engaged and learning while having fun. So when January hits our learning shifts to fun snowman activities and winter themes! This snowman math is a great way to help toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners practice counting. All you need is a dice, some manipluatives to makr your spot, and our free winter math printable and you are ready to play! This snowman counting activity is sure to be a hit with parents, teachers, and homeschoolers alike.
- A4 paper
- Mini erasers or counters (optional)
- File folder (optional)
Print as many mats as you need for the number of students in your class (you could play these in groups. Be sure to laminate the puzzles so you can use them over and over.
Snowman Activity for Preschoolers
Prepare and cut up the laminated mats for use. Place these on a table along with the dice and the mini erasers / manipulatives. You can also use these in a fun file folder with Velcro. The students will then roll the die, they will then look for the corresponding number shown on the mat, and cover it with an eraser. They keep rolling and covering the numbers until all the snowman are covered. If they aren’t ready to count just yet, a great alternative activity is to build snowman forte with blocks on top of each image to correspond to the number.
Winter Math Activity
You can certainly use a various numbered dice with this activity, you can! There are plenty you can find on Amazon. You can find numbered / counting dice too.
This activity is hands-on and perfect for kids to use when they need a refresher or some more counting games and activities. You could also laminate the mats for repeated use in binders or in folders for kids who need more practice at home. Kids will love counting using mini erasers and building blocks with these! What a great way to reinforce a love of learning math!
Winter Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun winter crafts and winter activities for kids of all ages? Don’t miss these winter activity ideas!
- Kids will love making this super cute circle snowman craft!
- This easy-to-make Puffy Snow Paint is amazing! It has the best texture, dries promptly and completely, and makes the cutest little snowman crafts.
- Tons of fun snowflake crafts for kids of all ages
- Now you have a reason to get excited when it snows! Your whole family will enjoy this super-easy-to-make Snow Ice Cream recipe. YUMMY!
- Find lots more engaging winter themed ideas in these January Activities for Kids
- Silly melting snowman slime
- Come take a peak at how these glue snowman suncatcher craft turns out! Such a fun, simple idea with stunning results!
- Try this epic winter science experiment making a snow volcano
- Maple Syrup on Snow Candy
- Make this beautiful keepsake snowman handprint ornament
- Snowstorm in a jar winter science for preschoolers
- You’ve got to try this easy, DIY Snow globe craft for kids
- Magic Melting Snowballs – Winter Science Experiment
- DIY Icicle Ornaments for kids
- Paint Swatch Tree Winter Craft for Preschoolers
Looking for more fun winter science projects for kids? We’ve got lots of fun ideas for you to try!
- Melting Snowman Winter Science Experiment
- Snowman Eruptions – Simple Winter Science Experiments
- Melting Snowman Slime Recipe
- Easy Exploding Snowman – Winter Science Experiment
- Snowman Measuring Snowfall – Winter STEM Activity
- Erupting Snow Winter Science Experiment
- How to Make Frost in a Can Winter Science Experiment
- Winter Snow Slime Recipe Activity for Kids
Preschool Winter Crafts
- Suncatcher Snowman Craft for Preschoolers
- Winter Snow Slime Recipe Activity for Kids
- FUN Snowman Launcher – Winter Activities for Preschoolers
- Construction Paper Snowman Wreath Craft for Kids this Winter
- Bauble Christmas Ornament Craft with FREE Printables
- Snowman Handmade Greeting Cards Winter Craft for Kids
- Colorful Chromatography Snowflake Craft for Kids
Looking for snowman worksheets and educational snowman activity ideas? You will love these resources! Plus don’t miss these winter books for preschoolers.
- Free Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Build-a-Snowman Winter CVC Words Activity
- Snowman Addition Clip Cards
- Snowman Counting Cards
- Free Snowman Worksheet Pack with LOTS of pages
- Snowflake Counting Worksheet and activities
- Sneak in some fun winter learning with these super cute, Free snow globe letter find snow worksheets
- Winter Counting Worksheets
- Free Winter Writing Prompts PDF
- Mitten letter matching printable
- Multiplication Snowman Activity
- Snowman Printables Winter letter Find
- Snowman Tracing Letters A to Z
- Snowflake Winter Compound Words
- Build a Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
- Snowman Printables Counting Book
- Free printable shape puzzles for winter
- Alphabet igloo printable puzzles for pre-k and kindergartners
- Polar Bear Winter Literacy activities for preschoolers
- Count to 10 Preschool Snowman Craft
- Snowman Word Family Spinners
- Snowman Math Craft for practicing addition and subtraction
- Winter Telling Time Worksheets
- Snowflake Dab the Letter
- Cute Shape Puzzles – Snowman Activities for Preschoolers
- Free Snowman Coloring Pages
- Hands-on Snowman button counting
- Build a Snowman with these Beginning Sounds Winter Activities for Preschoolers
- Snowman winter math activities for preschoolers
Winter Activities for Preschoolers
- Cute winter playdough mats for kids
- Snowball counting activity for preschool winter themes
- Free snap cube pattern cards for winter
- Alphabet Winter Worksheets for Preschool
- Snowglobe Counting – winter math activities for preschoolers
- Snow Theme Preschool
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!