As you pick books for your preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten students, make sure you pick up some feelings books for preschoolers. These books about emotions for preschoolers are a great way to help kids understand that emotion they can’t quite descripe and give them methods to cope.
Feelings books for preschoolers
Emotions can be difficult to handle and to understand, especially for young kids. This list of preschool feelings books is full of books that can help little ones to learn about feelings and emotions and how to handle them. Pick your favorite emotion books for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students and you are ready to cuddle up and read some fun picture books together! We have pulled together a lot of preschool books about emotions for you to choose from!
Books about emotions for preschoolers
Lots of Feelings was written and photographed by Shelley Rotner. This nonfiction book uses very simple text and close up photographs of children exhibiting emotions in order to teach young readers to name their feelings.
The Way I Feel was written and illustrated by Janan Cain This colorful book uses fun verses and brightly colored illustrations to introduce different feelings and emotions to young kids.
The Feelings Book was written and illustrated by Todd Parr. This cute book introduces young readers to all kinds of emotions through simple text and quirky, colorful illustrations.
Pig’s Big Feelings was written by Kelly Bourne and illustrated by Aparna Varma. Follow a little pig as he explains all of the big feelings that he sometimes feels. The book includes a glossary explaining all of the emotions named in the book.
The Boy with Big, Big Feelings was written by Britney Winn Lee and illustrated by Jacob Souva. This sweet book introduces a young boy who worries about his feelings bursting out of him and tries to stuff them down. With a little help, he learns to celebrate them instead.
In My Heart: A Book of Feelings was written by Jo Witek and illustrated by Christine Roussey. In this colorful book, a young girl explores all of the different feelings that she has. Each turn of the page focuses on a different feeling, and features a brightly colored heart cut out.
emotion books for preschoolers
The Color Monster: A Story about Emotions was written by Anna Llenas. When the Color Monster is all mixed up, his friend helps him to sort out his emotions by assigning each of them a color. The brightly colored illustrations and fun story are a great way to help kids name emotions.
Glad Monster, Sad Monster was written by Ed Emberley and Anne Miranda. This adorable book explores a wide range of feelings through a variety of fun monster characters and die cut illustrations.
Little Red Fox Has Feelings was written by Didi Dragon and illustrated by Maria Mau. Join an adorable little fox as she celebrates all of the emotions that she experiences, both good and bad.
Feelings and Me was written by Julie Dini. This cute book uses adorable animal photographs to explore emotions. Kids will love the conversational text and the sweet photos highlighting the animals.
Grumpy Monkey was written by Suzanne Lang and illustrated by Max Lang. Follow Jim the chimpanzee as he struggles with a bad mood. His friends all try to help him, but all their advice just leads to a meltdown. Does Jim just need to be grumpy for a while?
I’m Happy-Sad Today was written by Lory Britain Ph.D. and illustrated by Matthew Rivera. This colorful book explores the difficult concept of feeling more than one emotion at once. The easy to read text and brightly colored illustrations make it easy for kids to relate to the concepts in the book.
Preschool books about feelings
Today I Feel Silly: And Other Moods That Make My Day was written by Jamie Lee Curtis and illustrated by Laura Cornell. This rhyming book follows a young girl as she deals with a range of big emotions, and how they affect her behavior. Kids will appreciate the busy illustrations and will easily relate to the main character.
Ruby Finds a Worry was written by Tom Percival. Ruby is a young girl who discovers a little worry. As days go by, the worry gets bigger and bigger. When she finds another young boy with a worry, she discovers the secret to handling worries. The illustrated worry makes it easy for kids to visualize how worries can grow and block the rest of the world out.
Ravi’s Roar was written by Tom Percival. Ravi is a young boy who is having a difficult day. When he finally loses his temper, he turns into a roaring tiger. But he soon learns that letting his big emotions out can hurt the people around him.
The Pigeon Has Feelings, Too! was written and illustrated by Mo Willems. Join the Pigeon as he runs through a variety of emotions trying to fight against the Bus Driver. Kids will love learning about emotions through the beloved character.
The Crayons’ Book of Feelings was written by Drew Daywalt and illustrated by Oliver Jeffers. Follow the beloved crayon characters as they explore all kinds of emotions through simple vocabulary and adorable illustrations.
Grumpy Pants was written by Claire Messer. When Penguin is having a bad day, he can’t shake his grumpy feelings. Will he be able to wash away his grumpiness? This is an important lesson for kids and adults alike who need to learn how to end a difficult day.
Preschool books about emotions
Happy Hippo, Angry Duck was written and illustrated by Sandra Boynton. Follow a group of animals as they express all kinds of emotions and teach kids to name their feelings. Kids will love the adorable animal illustrations.
Tiger Days: A Book of Feelings was written by M.H. Clark and Anna Hurly. In this book, the narrator assigns different animals to each emotion, characterizing each feeling with the actions of the animal.
The Rabbit Listened was written and illustrated by Cori Doerrfeld. When Taylor is struggling with sad emotions, all of the animals attempt to solve the problem with bits of advice. But when the rabbit shows up, it offers to listen, which is just what Taylor needs.
Pocket Full of Sads was written by Brad Davidson and illustrated by Rachel Mas Davidson. When Rabbit wants to go fishing with her friend Bear, she finds her friend feeling weighed down by his pockets full of sad feelings. This is a great book for explaining sadness and the importance of friendship and mindfulness in battling dark days.
Today I Feel…. An Alphabet of Feelings was written by Madalena Moniz. This alphabet book assigns a different mood or emotion to each letter of the alphabet and pairs the simple text with detailed watercolor and ink illustrations.
The Rhino Who Swallowed a Storm was written by LeVar Burton and Susan Schaefer Bernardo and illustrated by Courtenay Fletcher. When Mica Mouse is scared by a thunderstorm, Papa Mouse reads her the story of the rhino who swallowed a storm and finds healing with the help of some animal friends. In the end, Mica Mouse is comforted by the story and calming words from her papa.
Hattie Harmony: Worry Detective was written by Elizabeth Olsen and Robbie Arnett and illustrated by Marissa Valdez. Hattie Harmony is always there to help her friends. So when the first day of school comes around, she is prepared with all kinds of tips and tricks to help her friends handle their anxieties. Will they work to calm her fears as well?
Books for Preschoolers
If you are looking for more fun-to-read preschool book lists with picture books picked out for your preschoolers, don’t miss these great picks:
- Best Pirate Books for Preschoolers, Construction Books for Preschoolers, or Zoo Books for Preschoolers
- Help kids learn their ABCs with these alphabet books for preschoolers or Cute Preschool Shape Books
- Counting Books for Preschoolers lots of Color Books for Preschool kidsor 100th Day fo School Books for kids
- Camping Books for Preschoolers, Creepy, Crawly Books about Insects for Preschoolers, Fun-to-Read Penguin Books for Preschoolers, Dive in to Ocean Books for Preschoolers, or cute Farm Books for Preschool
- Romping and Roaring Dinosaur Books for kids, sports books for preschoolers
- Preschool Books about Family, Fun-to-Read Science Books for Preschoolers, Must Read Classic Preschool Books, and learn about Community Helper Books, fall pumpkin books for preschoolers
- Silly Shark Books for Kids, Explore Doctor Books for Preschoolers, or Bear Books for Preschoolers
- Don’t miss these Classic Children’s Books or these Silly and Fun Animal Books for Preschoolers
- Winter Books for Preschoolers, Best Snowman Books for toddlers, or Valentine Books for Preschool,
- Easter Books for Preschoolers , favorite spring books for preschoolers, Silly Frog Books for Preschool
- Check out these summer books for preschoolers or lovely flower books for preschoolers
- Read fall books for preschoolers, cute Apple Books for Preschoolers, beautiful Thanksgiving Books for Preschoolers, first day back to school books for preschoolers, or Christmas Books for preschoolers
- Preschool emotion books for learning to understand feelings and Children’s Books about Grandparents
We have so many handy free printables to choose from! Take a peak at our vast selection of preschool worksheets, themed pre-k worksheets packs, preschool math worksheets, and preschool alphabet worksheets
- Free preschool worksheets or these Apple Prek Worksheets or these Back to school pre-k worksheets
- Super Cute, Free Construction Worksheets Preschool, Farm Worksheets for preschoolers and kindergartners, or free pirate printables, printable insect math activities for preschoolers, fun camping worksheets preschool, and super hero worksheets
- Color Worksheets for toddler and preschool, Frozen free preschool worksheets age 3-4, and free if you give a mouse a cookie pdf worksheets
- Free Thanksgiving Worksheets, Free Christmas Worksheets for Preschool, Cute Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers, or Valentine’s day worksheets, Flower activity sheets, and summer tracing worksheets
- Summer Preschool Math Worksheets or these Summer Worksheets for preschool
- Free printable preschool worksheets tracing letters, A to Z Worksheet for Nursery, Alphabet dot marker printables free pdf, ABC free insect printables for preschoolers, Animal Find the Letter Worksheets
- Detective Short e cvc worksheets, free printable sight word worksheets, free pattern worksheets for preschool
- Fish Find the Letter Worksheets, dab it find the letter worksheets, or these Dinosaur alphabet printables
- Preschool number worksheets 1-10 pdf , Zoo Animals Color by Number Preschool, fun Pirate Color by Number, Color by Number Letter Recognition Worksheets, Dab the Path Number Recognition Worksheets, Free Animal Dot to Dot, Number 10 Worksheets, Firefly preschool counting worksheets
- Around the World I Spy Worksheets pdf or cut and paste Days of the Week printables pdf
- Free Printable Cutting Activities for kids, Coloring Pages Preschool, free Ocean Coloring Page set, or All About me Worksheet Preschool