Kids will LOVE this fun, hands-on Construction Counting to 20! Simply print the free playdough mats and practice counting while having fun!
FREE Construction Counting to 20
Young kids seem to be fascinated with construction vehicles, construction sites, and construction workers. Whether it is the unique-looking HUGE trucks, the big piles of dirt and rocks, or the bright yellow/orange uniforms. But kids love learning about construction workers! This fun Dump Truck Counting activity allows us to draw on that natural interest by sneaking in an educational math activity for preschoolers!
Counting to 20
For this fun Construction math activity for preschoolers you will need to print out either the large or small dump truck counting mats. We suggest printing on cardstock or laminating for durability.
- The large dump truck saves on printing s you only need one page in color plus a black and white number page to work on counting to 20. we used this with tin foil ball rocks as it used up a lot of playdough to get the size portions right.
- The smaller dump trucks each have a number on them so you will need to print 5 pages in color. We use these with playdough “rocks”
If using the smaller cards, cut each sheet into four cards. You will have 20 dump trucks covering numbers 1-20.
Dump Truck Counting
This fun dump truck counting activity allows preschool and kindergarten age kids to practice counting 1-20. Kids will look at the number on the dump truck. Then they will form and count out enough playdough rocks to get to the featured number and put them “in” the dump truck.
HINT: You could also use real rocks you find outside!
These counting playdough mats are not only a great preschool math activity that helps kids practice counting to 20, but great for strengthening fine motor skills too! Plus we love tangible, hands on math activities!
Construction Math Activities for Preschoolers
If you use the larger, one page dump truck counting mat, make sure you cut apart the number squares. Then put one number at a time in the appropriate box. Then count out the correct number of tin foil rocks to practice counting with this clever and FREE Construction Math Activities for Preschoolers. Repeat until you’ve practice counting 1-20.
FREE Construction Theme Educational Activities
Looking for more fun, FREE, and clever construction themed activities for preschoolers? Try this Construction Phonics Game where kids will listen for beginning sounds and put that box on the correct truck. There are optional boxes to match upper and lowercase letters too! Or practice a variety of math and literacy skills with a clever construction theme using these FREE Construction Worksheets. Finally, practice pre k sight words with this fun-to-play Construction Sight Word Game.
Download Dump Truck Count to 20
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!